In my young foolish days, I dreamed of summer days and nights spent hiking, biking, picnicking, and stargazing with that (insert girly sigh here) special someone. Now, in my (insert old lady sigh here) late thirties with a thriving teaching career, I dream of a different kind of romance--the type I manufacture on my laptop. (Okay, perverts, I just meant writing. And not that kind of writing.)
Summer has always been my best time for writing. But last summer I not only edited Becoming Beauty several times before it hit the presses, but I also completed the bulk of Twelve. This summer finds me editing Twelve and meeting the cast of my Rumplestiltskin remake. Is there anything as fun as exploring new characters and getting caught up in all their drama?
Have I ever mentioned how much I despise goal making? I'm already my worst critic and I hate giving myself reasons to be more self-critical. However, I'm going to set some goals for this summer anyway!
- Get my new computer set up...and ignore Social Media for a decent amount of time each day.
- Craft a fabulous query for Twelve.
- Edit Twelve and submit it to the publisher. ASAP!
- Flesh out the characters for my new project. And quickly fall in love with them. (Won't be hard, I adore Guillermo already. And he's only in my head.)
- Create a rough outline for the new project and then completely ignore it as I begin writing. (It's my process, people!)
- Do some marketing every week by keeping my blog full of fresh content, connecting with the public through social media, and participating in authory events to get Becoming Beauty to more readers.
- Fiddle around, travel, visit friends and family, and yes, knock out a healthy chunk of the next project. Because I can.
Either I'm completely high on summer lovin' already...or those goals are do-able. Anyway, I'd love to hear about your plans for the summer? Any lovin' going on in your neck of the woods?